Jonadabs was seen in 2 Samuel 13:3-5.
The friend Jonadab
1 Now David’s son Absalom had a beautiful sister named Tamar. And Amnon, her half brother, fell desperately in love with her.
2 Samuel 13:1
2 Amnon became so obsessed with Tamar that he became ill. She was a virgin, and Amnon thought he could never have her.
2 Samuel 13:2
3 But Amnon had a very crafty friend—his cousin Jonadab. He was the son of David’s brother Shimea.
2 Samuel 13:3
4 One day Jonadab said to Amnon, “What’s the trouble? Why should the son of a king look so dejected morning after morning?”So Amnon told him, “I am in love with Tamar, my brother Absalom’s sister.”
2 Samuel 13:4
5 “Well,” Jonadab said, “I’ll tell you what to do. Go back to bed and pretend you are ill. When your father comes to see you, ask him to let Tamar come and prepare some food for you. Tell him you’ll feel better if she prepares it as you watch and feeds you with her own hands.”
2 Samuel 13:5
- They are skillful in deceiving people, they do this in a subtle way that blinds you into thinking they care.
- They are shrewd set of people: They are knowledgeable in matters that lead to ruins. Their suggestions are apt but disastrous. Sometimes, one wonders if they dine with the devil himself.
- They are observant: they know when their demonic advice creeps into you; your weak days, they look out for and seize it.
- They avail themselves at all times; these kinds, make sure they are always handy to penetrate you before you seek a break from their hold. Most times, you call them besties because you think they are helpful.
- They are never truthful: they are known for highest order of sarcasm. He knows how to use his tongue to refine the ugly to look pleasant
- He takes pleasure advising you against the right, they are glad to spur you into ills and detestable acts.
- Jonadabs pretend they want the best for you but he only seeks a score; he is a destroyer.
- The devil uses him to fuel your evil desires.
Any friend who helps you do evil in the disguise of “anything for you” is a frenetic Frenemy, a Jonadab and a potential Judas Iscariot.
Be selective when making friends, Jonadab could be anyone.